Unfortunately, not everyone obeys the Court's orders. As a result, it is often necessary to file a contempt action to encourage an ex-spouse to follow the court's order.

In order to be held in "contempt", a party must be in willful disobedience of the court's decree. Only a judge can decide whether a party is in contempt. Often the Court will allow a party to purge themselves of contempt by paying a certain dollar amount immediately and adhering to a strict repayment schedule. In extreme cases, a party may be incarcerated for failing to abide by the Court's order.

Sometimes, a party has legitimate reasons for not paying support obligations. In these cases, the court may decide the a person is in "arrears" but not in contempt. Relief, may still be granted in the form of a repayment schedule.

If your ex-spouse has failed to abide by the court's order, a contempt action should be considered. Alternatively, if you are the victim of financial problems or a litigious ex-spouse, you need to properly defend yourself.

Regardless of your problems, The Falcone Law Firm, P.C. can help. Contact our office to schedule an appointment.

Have questions or need immediate help with a legal matter? We can help you.

Superior Courts

Cherokee County
90 North Street
Canton, GA 30114
Directions & Information

Cobb County
70 Haynes Street
Marietta, GA 30090
Directions & Information

DeKalb County
556 N McDonough Street
Decatur, GA 30030
Directions & Information

Fulton County
136 Pryor Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Directions & Information

Gwinnett County
75 Langley Drive
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
Directions & Information

Paulding County
240 Constitution Blvd.
Dallas, GA 30132
Directions & Information